Saturday, July 18, 2015

Champagne Grape Salsa



I know what you're thinking. You are thinking, good gravy, Marie, this woman makes a lot of salsa. You're right. I do. Not only because I love the fresh tasting goodness and the way it goes so well with a warm tortilla chip, but also because I am intrigued by all of the varieties. I am beginning to think that if you have lime and cilantro, you can pretty much toss in any other ingredients and have a bang up salsa.

A carton of champagne grapes was beckoning to me from the fridge, so I wondered how well these would work in a salsa. It works for mangoes and pineapples, why not grapes? Why not, indeed. This salsa is fantastic! It's also easy to prepare because there is no chopping of these darling little grapes, just shake the cluster over a bowl and they fall off on their own. Bursting with juicy sweetness, champagne grapes are the perfect accompaniment to the other ingredients in this addicting salsa. You have to try this one! When you do, forget the chips and spoon it onto a cracker topped with cheese, or serve it as a condiment with chicken or pork. You'll be fighting with your guests over the last drop.
Champagne Grape Salsa

1 cup
Melissa’s champagne grapes
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
1 heaping tablespoon chopped cilantro
1 tablespoon vinegar
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt

Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl mix well and refrigerate for 1-3 hours until flavors blend. Drain off any excess liquid that has accumulated, and serve.
This post is linked to:

6 comments:

Ivy, Phyllis and Me! said...

Good Morning Pattie, I do love eating grapes, but do you know, I have never seen Champagne grapes, not even when I lived in Cyprus. I could buy small grapes, but nothing as delicate as these.
I am looking forward to trying this recipe as I love cheese and crackers, but I think what I will have to do is buy some black grapes and cut them into quarters..... a littl more work, (only joking) but worth it.
I have been away for a while, so I am looking forward to catching up with your recipes.
Have a lovely weekend.
Best Wishes
Daphne

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

Pinning this - yum!

Linda said...

I've not tried Champagne grapes, but I am a fan of crunchy sweet grapes and salsa components, so this would be a winner!

LL Farm said...

Your pictures are beautiful! I don't know that I have ever had champagne grapes...
Lori from LL Farm

Chloe Crabtree said...

Thank you so much for sharing this over at Celebrate it Sunday! This is a really interesting twist to salsa, but I think it sounds like it would work. I will take your word for it, I just don't know if I will be making salsa again too soon.

Madonna/aka/Ms Lemon of Make Mine Lemon said...

What a creative way to use champagne grapes. I love those little guys.